Sunday, June 15, 2014

Beer Angle - Picture Perfect


I'm staring at your picture now, 
Clutched tight in my hand.
Trying to work it out in my head, 
And trying to understand.

You abandoned me so quickly, 
And broken, I'm left here,
Crying out the memories; 
A different one for each tear.

Nothing we can say or do, 
Can change what I have done
And nothing I can say or do, 
Can change what I've become.

No matter what you say to me, 
I know that I'm to blame,
Because if I hadn't looked at your eyes,
All things would be the same.

So I'm sorry for the trouble,
And problems I have made,
And I'm so sorry that I couldn't change, 
And drive you anyway.

I know your aware that I hate myself, 
And now I hate me more,
Because again, I cant change the past, 
To how it was before.

I cant take back all that I've done, 
And everything I've not,
But I cant even tell anyone,
Nobody is here about.

But although unheard, I'm sorry.
Isn't that what all drunks say?
Well for tonight, I'll dry my eyes 
And put your face away.

But as I turn to put your picture, 
I set my beer by the door,
Something shiny glints at me, 
That I simply cant ignore.

I contemplated slowly, 
But still I took them out,
While morals merely whispered, 
All temptation did was shout.

I tried it all and did everything mundane,
I tricked myself into this surprise...
I've made the same mistake again, 
But this time by more than twice.


@vaimasters
@Web

No comments:

Post a Comment